DV Brown & Associates is seeking an organized, reliable, candidate with excellent leadership skills to join our growing team as a Lead Estimator. This individual is responsible for preparing bids, overseeing project estimating, budgeting and execution management.
- 5 years experience estimating or managing commercial and light industrial projects.
- Must have an eye for detail and accuracy with numbers as it relates to the field.
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate and develop relationships.
- Must have a high level of negotiation experience and customer relation skills.
- Coordinate information and construction documents amongst different parties (PM’s, superintendents, estimators, owners, architects, and trades.)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good technology skills.
- Procures necessary plans and specifications and distributes them to the appropriate personnel.
- Requests for quotes from subcontractors.
- Provides material take offs
- Pre-qualify subcontractors.
- Quantify and confirm sub trade pricing.
- Review General and Supplemental Conditions
- Completes scope review and build estimate, sets profitability with assistance from supervisor.
- Submits Request for Information to Owner, A/E for bids.
- Identifies scope risk, makes recommendations on how to mitigate risk.
- Updates bid activity metrics.
- Submits final bid package to Vice President for review.
- Chairs bid reviews.
- Attends pre-bid, pre-construction, and progress meetings when needed.
- Verifies that necessary critical documents, local rules, and permits are complete, delivered and/or posted.
- Monitors and communicates changes in the scope of a project and opportunities for additional revenue or cost savings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- College Degree in Business, Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Logistics or management preferred
- General supervisory/management experience
- 5-10 years of estimating experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and relevant estimating software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this job, please email you resume and cover letter to: Omar Abdallah